Amid my exams last week, I got a lot of pleasant surprises from my blogging family. I received 5 nominations for four different blogger awards. I had to wait for my exams to get over and to come back to normalcy to write this post of gratitude. So, here are the four tokens of appreciation and love I’m honored and blessed with :
The first one is the ‘Versatile Blogger Award’ from Subbashini Meenakshi Sundaram of ‘EXPLORING THE WORLD AROUND US‘ . Thank you so much!:)😍 Subbhashini ma’am has a beautiful blog that has mesmerizing photos accompanied by equally expressive words. She is truly versatile, and provides us with her deep insights on a variety of topics. I strongly urge you to visit her blog.
Rules for Versatile Blogger Award
1. You have to thank the person who nominated you for this award and provide a link to their blog.
2. Nominate at least 15 bloggers of your choice
3. Link the nominees and inform them about their nomination.
4. Share 7 facts about yourself.
My Nominees are :
7 facts about myself :
1. Despite my masculine name, ‘Surya’, I’m actually biologically and psychologically completely healthy and straight female.;)
2.I’m a third year undergraduate majoring in Physics.
3. I have a humble wish to be a modest hybrid of Carl Sagan and Deepak Chopra, and would like to publish books that would help common man to integrate science and spirituality.
4.I have admirable and lovely (yet scary) parents, and a younger brother who is my trusted partner-in-crime at making my parents’ lives stressful😁.
5.My favourite colors are shades of red and blue, especially scarlet red and royal blue.
6. I’m an INFJ, with enneagram 1w2 with 145 as tritype.
7.I was born as a Taurus ascendant, with Aries as my sun sign, in the notorious cusp of power (though I look pretty harmless and gentle😂).
I thank both of them from the bottom of my heart for their love and appreciation. But as I had made a post on Blogger Recognition Award not so long ago, and as my answers are almost the same, please visit this page for my reply.
The Third and Fourth awards came to me like Dairy Milk Shots – two surprises from the same sweet Susmita ma’am of Uniquesus..Thank you so much for both the ‘Real Neat Blogger Award’ and the ‘Blog-aholic award’:)
It was the first award that they ever made. They did some computer graphics years ago, before taking up blogging; but their computer drawing had become rusty.
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time; or don’t accept awards; etc.):
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
My answers to the questions asked are as follows:
1. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be ?
My laziness..I know that some of the people who know me personally and are reading this might find it unbelievable..Because for some strange reason, people around me think that I’m extremely hardworking and is the opposite of being lazy. The truth is, yes, I give a lot of importance to dedicated hard work, but I’m also very lazy at times. There were a lot of things I wanted to do, but just didn’t do because I couldn’t leave my comfort zone…(Like the canvas and oil paint I brought almost four years ago to attempt painting, both of which lie in my upstairs cupboard, pristine, till today).I want to stop being lazy and be a complete ‘karma yogi’ one day, being active 24/7.
2. What is your greatest strength or weakness ?
My greatest strength is my faith in my Lord…Rather, I must say that my greatest strength is my Lord’s blessings and presence in my life. I cannot imagine a life without my Lord.
My greatest weakness is that I can be overly sensitive and emotional at times, especially while dealing with people who are really close to my heart.My usually sound judgement can get clouded by my emotions, and this is something I cannot allow to happen.
3. If you had 1 day left in this world, how would you spend it ?
I’ll spend it with my family in the famous, divine temple of Sri Krishna at Guruvayur, chanting his holy names along with the poor and aged people who live in the temple premises, completely immersed in his loving presence. If possible, I wish to die there.
4. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be and why ?
The Himalayas..Not just because it is a holy, pilgrimage site. But it is one of those beautiful places which is home to several hidden secrets of our culture. I want to explore the Himalayan secrets, dig deep into the spiritual and scientific nature of those mysteries, meet the legendary, age old yogis and saints, study their lifestyle, and seek the real truth behind the stories.
And yeah…the night sky there is amazing too, I heard.:)
5. What is your favourite pastime ?
Currently, blogging. I love to read and write, to listen to my favourite songs, and to keep exploring more about my favourite topics.
6. What are your top 3 favourite books and why ?
This is a hard one..It’s difficult to choose, but here you go :
- The Mahabharata by Maharshi Veda Vyas : Because this is the most ultimate epic poem ever written. It has the most complex set of characters, where every character has a complex relationship with every other character. It is a complete book that deals with a dramatic story line, human psychology, relationships, morals, values, spirituality, ethics, politics, and what not. The characters of this epic have a special place in my heart and head.
- ‘Cosmos’ by Carl Sagan and ‘A Brief History of Time’ by Stephen Hawking : Can’t choose between these. Both have incredibly inspired me to pursue physics, especially cosmology. They are both well written and are aimed at enlightening the common man on the universe in which he lives.
- The ‘Sherlock Holmes’ Complete Collection by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle , and ‘And Then There Were None’ by Agatha Christie. Again, I can’t choose between the two. I’m not that familiar with modern crime thrillers and detective fictions. I’m a person who is affiliated to classics. Both Agatha Christie and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle have mesmerized me with their legendary detectives- I’m totally in love with Sherlock Holmes, and I absolutely adore Hercule Poirot. Although ‘And Then There Were None’ is not a Poirot story, I really love it as it is arguably the best mystery and narrates the most ingenious crime ever to be born in a human mind.
Sorry…the answers are too long. It was a hard one, you know?😅
7. What is your favourite music or film ?
A hard one again…I’m tempted to say that my favourite movie is probably ‘Inception’..I had always loved the idea of dream within a dream within a dream…It is a masterpiece of intuition.
My most favourite music is Swati Tirunal compositions (Indian classical).
Now about the ‘Blog-aholic Award’ :
“The Blog-aholic Award is an award for bloggers addicted to blogging with creative, ingenious and inspiring posts. Ones who receive this award mesmerize their followers with their posts, keep them captivated and riveted to their blog. The Blog-aholic Award is for bloggers who share and inspire others” says The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy).
Rules for Participation:
Put the above logo/image on your blog
List the rules
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog (it can be to the post in which they nominated you or any other post or you can even link to their ‘About’ page)
Write a post to show your award
Share a link to your best post(s)
Share 3 interesting and different facts about yourself.
Nominate 5-10 bloggers, or more of you wish
Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
My best posts (including my early favourites) :
Three interesting facts about myself (apart from the ones mentioned before) :
- I am obsessed with shoujo manga and anime.
- Being a Taurus ascendant with Venus in first house, I’m a hardcore romantic. I’ve never been in love, but I’m in love with love itself.
- I suffer from terrible motion sickness while travelling in cars, air buses and planes. Most of the time I travel, I sleep to overcome my nausea.
My nominees for both the ‘Real Neat Blogger Award’ and the ‘Blog-aholic Award’ are :
My questions to you (Real Neat Blog Award) :
- Do you believe in God? Why or why not ?
- Do you know what MBTI is? If yes, what is your type?
- What do you think is the most admirable quality in a human being ?
- Which is the one place you want to visit all by yourself? Why?
- If you had a choice to be born as an animal/bird, which one would it be? Why?
- Imagine you are exiled from the earth for whatever reason, and has to live forever in one of the planets or moons of the solar system (and you can survive there due to some advanced technology and life support systems), then where would you choose to go? Why?
- Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
Bonus question (optional) : If you are given the right to kill one person, without having to face any charges or trial, who would it be?😁
I know that some of my nominees might have chosen to keep their blogs award-free. But, this is my way of expressing my heartfelt gratitude for their support and my admiration for their blogs. But feel free not to act upon the award nominations. I just want you to know that I love you all.
Even so, I’ll be really glad if my fellow bloggers choose to respond. I’m looking forward excitedly to your answers to the above questions. And, oh! My readers can respond too, in the comment section, if you like. I’d love to know you all better!:)
Once again, thank you all for your love and consideration.
Featured image from :